Happy birthday to the world’s funniest woman, producer, comedian, writer and kick-ass woman! Today Amy Poehler turns 43 and in honor of her birthday, I would like to share with you the 10 most amazing, funniest and inspirational quotes of Amy, because she always knows best.
2. “I’ve said this before, that, when you’re in school and you’re the class clown, men are really good at making fun at other people and women are really good at making fun of themselves.”
4. “The earlier you learn that you should focus on what you have, and not obsess about what you don’t have, the happier you will be.”
6. “I’ve always dreamed of growing up to be Amy Poehler.”
8. “Education is power, it changes your whole life, it can create a life for yourself. So the more educated you are, the more you learn about what you care about, you become a more caring person. And if you can speak about what you care about to a person you disagree with, without denigrating or insulting them, then you may actually be heard. And you may even change their mind, or they may change yours.”
10. “Yes, I consider myself a feminist, and it informs my work only in that it’s just who I am, in the same way that I’m a woman, or I’m 5’2″ or whatever.”
What’s your favorite quote of Amy Poehler?